Tuesday, June 20, 2006

for a promise to be kept..

..to my favorite mistake..


you were
as always
like the moon for me
as i sit by the window
late at night
looking at the stars
you're so mesmerising
so bright
so out of reach


and i
forever plotting how to reach you
no matter how many times
i try
still
i am always crashing down to the sea
doomed forever to drown
helplessly
swimming and swimming


there was a time
when i thought i had reached you
i thought
i had finally grasped you
a globe of light within my hand
was it only a dream?
an illusion?
it felt so real
so right


and now
once more you appear
tempting me with your brilliant shine
beneath the dark sky
should i ride my rocketship
to try to reach you again?
should i burn it down
and forever not look at the sky?
what?



~oOo~

No comments: